Soham Intro


Hey y'all!


My name's Soham and be your head chair for the United Nations Security Council this March! I'm a junior here at Cal studying EECS and Engineering Physics. This'll be my 3rd year of chairing BMUN and my 7th doing MUN as a whole.


I help with managing conference logistics for BMUN, and, to be perfectly honest, I spend a lot of time with this organization. Outside of it, I work as an associate software engineer at the engagement platform Disqus, I (very occasionally) do lab work on campus, and I work on development operations for a local startup.


I've lived in Berkeley for the last three years, but I've spent most of my life down in Florida, so accordingly I love spending a lot of time in hot weather. I love finding new food places around campus, reading Medium articles, and buying things I don't need on Amazon. I honestly wish I could spend more time traveling, and I really hope to change that in my last year here. 


BMUN, and MUN as a whole, has defined my interests and affected how I approach problems. It's offered me a way to constantly learn about these sorts of dynamic topics, the sort that tend to define international relations. BMUN itself is filled with some of the most intelligent people I've had the chance to work with, including my two incredible vice chairs, Laura and Ashley. I hope that we as a dais can offer new perspectives both through the topic synopsis and during committee, and help you think critically during our discussion.


I'm honestly so excited to work with all of you and make this committee the best it's ever been!

Best,


Soham Kale,

Head Chair of UNSC, BMUN LXVII




its me w/ a spot of t



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Al-Shabaab Series: How Al-Shabaab Recruits

Maritime Crime is Getting More Sophisticated

Welcome to Security CounciI!