Ashley's Intro

Hello Everyone and Welcome to Security Council!

My name is Ashley Njoroge and I will be serving as a vice chair for the UNSC at BMUN LXVII! I am a senior at UC Berkeley studying Cognitive Science and Computer Science. I am originally from Nairobi, Kenya so I am super stoked to be discussing our first topic, the Horn of Africa. I moved to Berkeley 3.5 years ago when I enrolled at UC Berkeley and it has been a blast!

I participated in Model UN throughout high school in Nairobi and have been involved in BMUN since my freshman year. During my time in BMUN I have served as both a vice chair and head chair (I was actually head chair of the AU last year #WakandaForever). MUN has been one of the most formative activities I have been involved in. It is a great opportunity to step out of your lived experience and really ponder issues that are affecting our world in unprecedented ways, not to mention flex your creative muscles and problem-solving skills. I am super excited to see all the approaches you take to tackling the problems presented in our topic synopsis and hope you are all able to seize this tremendous opportunity to learn about something outside of your usual frame of reality.

Outside of MUN, I love going to concerts, exploring art museums, eating, traveling and obsessing over Rihanna (I mean how could you not). I am super excited to meet you all in March! Until then, good luck writing your position papers and researching the topics. Feel free to reach out to any of us if you have any questions whatsoever. I am super excited to be spending my final BMUN as your vice chair! Let's make this committee ~incredibleeeeee~.

Here is a picture of me and some former BMUN Chairs in the Security Council Chambers at the UN Headquarter in New York (I am Bolivia).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Al-Shabaab Series: How Al-Shabaab Recruits

Maritime Crime is Getting More Sophisticated

Welcome to Security CounciI!